Saturday, July 28, 2012

CCL Monthly Theme Challenge - Mini Albums!

This month's theme at Creating the Crafty Life is mini albums! As a member of the design team, I had to create a component for a mini album, and I did a journaling spot. Imagining a mini album with a tea-time theme, I made a journal spot with images of tea cups, spoons, sugar, etc. in mind. Here is what I came up with:




I created a pocket out of patterned paper and made three matching journaling cards that sit in the pocket. The cards have a teaspoon and sugar cubes, detailed with Stickles to make them look like real sugar crystals. I also attached a small clothespin embellishment on the front of the pocket to hold a miniature custom-made tea towel. Finally, I added a small bead accent to dangle in the upper left corner. This journaling spot could either be adhered nicely to a page in a mini album or could be used as a page itself.

Be sure to check out CCL this month for more ideas, swaps, and challenges centered around mini albums!

'Til then,
Krolli 


No comments:

Post a Comment